Thursday, September 2, 2010

Updating

So I have heard from many people that I really need to update our blog. There is just so much that has happened this summer, it almost seems too daunting a task to even try to complete. But I have decided that a few minutes a day can go a long way and I will do what I can. We did write a bit--preparing to blog--while we were in Ethiopia, but at some point even this fell to the wayside. So you will probably notice a big difference in what was written before as opposed to now. But, I am going to post them as to the correct date when they SHOULD have been posted, so you will have to look back at older dates to find the newest information. Just FYI! Here is a picture to tide you over until I get more done!

Here is all of us outside the Washington DC temple.

3 comments:

Sylwia said...

congratulations. your daughter is so beautiful. that picture just makes me cry. where are you guys right now? still in italy?

Rachel Sarah said...

Yay! So good to hear from you! We've been wondering how you're doing and adjusting. I sent you an email... did you receive it? There was one letter in the address I wasn't 100% sure of. I have you on my google reader, so I'll be able to keep track of your new blog posts. Blessings! -John & Rachel

Shannan said...

This picture makes me cry too, but not for the reason it makes others cry. I cry for those poor little girls that are in a strange place with a strange family and strange food and new language. It is a hard transition...it makes me feel bad for my daughter every time I think about it. We were so happy to have her and everything was so new and exciting but a few months in, her real grief came finally spilling out and I realized how hard to had been for her. Be patient and try not to overwhelm her with all your rules just yet. Especially food...if she's hungry let her eat. I know it's hard with your boys but its worth letting some of the little things slide right now so she feels safe. The rules of the house will be easier obeyed if she feels happy and safe with you. Good luck Mike,
she is beautiful.
Love ya